an email i received tonite about my source.

Read-Only Forum for General News concerning Alasiya EvE.
Guest read access allowed.

Server Development

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:07 am

an email i received tonite about my source.

shit like this is why i have no intention of releasing my source. i've worked too hard for some stupid kid to "...have the code that you have been working on so i can run my own..."
fuck that. you want the source?? WRITE YOUR OWN SHIT. run down to the nearest bank and ask them for a few hundred thousand dollars.....to "make my own" bank.
that doesnt make sense to you? that's the problem. when it does, then you'll understand.

something for nothing.
yeah, im allowing ppl to play on the server im running. there is your something for nothing. dont like it? go back to WoW and the instant L80.

Code:
Allan,

I found your github account and it listed this email address. Sorry if you feel like im intruding, that is not my intention. I just wanted to make sure i got ahold of you. I sent another email to the webmaster of the alasiya forum. FYI...

Anyways, I would really like to have an account on your evemu server and/or have the code that you have been working on so i can run my own on my lan. Looking at your codes progress, juxtapose to the main evemu branch, it is clear that yours is superior. Please share :)

I did notice that you had your own branch of evemu but it didnt look like it had been updated for a bit. As i didnt build your server, it is possible that it has everything im looking for ie. missions, mining etc. but im assuming that is just an older fork of the main evemu repo, yes?

Let me know if i havent annoyed you too much to become friends.

Thanks,

CJ

to be fair....here is my reply
  Code:
"...or have the code that you have been working on so i can run my own..."
wow.   that's the whole reason my branch is closed.
can you see that?  it's ppl like you that want all the work *I* have put into my branch.....and offer to give back nothing.....that just piss me off. 
THIS is the reason i dont give out my source.
if you want a working server, do like i did....start with evemu_server official branch, write your own code, enable whatever you wish, then you play however you want.
annoyed?  what do you think?

my public server is free to play.

Server Development

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Re: an email i received tonite about my source.

Server Development

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:13 am

Re: an email i received tonite about my source.

yeah, and i cant log into the forums, either.
did you get that admin info from mobbel for the forums?
anyway, it is what it is.
thanks for the post on my defense. o7
cheers

Return to News