Signature Sites descriptions and notes

This forum contains guides on the Scan system, it's limitations, what to expect when scanning, and what parts are incomplete.
There are also discussions on the different sites found by scanning, and basics on what they contain.
This system is still very new.

Server Development

Post Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:00 pm

Signature Sites descriptions and notes

5 types of signal groups
Anomaly
Signature
Ship
Structure
Drone or Probe

Anomaly and Signature type signals have subgroups as follows:
for Anomalies
**todo**

for Signatures
at 25% scan strength, the type will be displayed.
the possible types (with descriptions) are:
Gravimetric asteroid field
Magnetometric salvage or archeology
Radar hacking site
Ladar gas mining
Wormhole unstable connection to another solarsystem

site loot tables
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Relic_and_data_sites

Server Development

Post Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:02 pm

Radar Sites notes

Radar sites also have subgroups as follows:
Pirate
Drone
Sleeper caches
Sleeper sites
It should be noted that these sites are also categorized into 5 different levels of difficulty, ranging from I to V.
While a ship that is not scanning bonused to scanning can scan down a level I cosmic signature, even exploration-focused ships and fittings may struggle with level V sites.

Drone data sites spawn only in drone regions: Cobalt Edge, Perrigen Falls, Malpais, Oasa, Kalevala Expanse, Outer Passage, Etherium Reach, and The Spire.
Drone data sites have two main differences from pirate data sites:
Failing the hack twice in drone data site will not destroy the container. Instead, there is a chance that failure spawns hostile frigates. These rogue drones can be easily handled by the drones of T1 explorer and do not pose a serious threat. These frigates need to be destroyed before you can hack again.
Drone data sites can escalate into another drone data site.
Drone data sites contain three hackable containers: Two "High-Security Containment Facility" and one "Research and Development Laboratories". Most of the time the lone research container is empty but leaving it unhacked misses possibility for data site escalation.

Sleeper sites are found in wormholes. They are not empty, instead, they have strong sleepers defending the site that need to be defeated before hacking.
Sleeper sites can be identified from "Forgotten" and "Unsecured" at the beginning of their names. The combat in them is harder than in combat anomalies of same wormhole class and the rats drop sleeper components as they do in combat sites. They can be run as combat sites only looting the wrecks and ignoring the hacking part.

Combat relic sites
Combat relic sites are very rare relic sites that spawn only in certain areas of Nullsec. They feature rats from many different pirate factions in large numbers. These sites are hard to run and should only be attempted by high-skill players.

Ancient Ruins Only found in Catch (especially in 9HXQ-G constellation)
Bloated Ruins Only found in Wicked Creek (especially in 760-9C constellation)
Crumbling Ruins Only found in Vale of the Silent
Festering Ruins Only found in Fountain
Forgotten Ruins Only found in Delve
Hidden Ruins Only found in Cloud Ring
Wispy Ruins Only found in Feythabolis (especially in I-3ODK constellation)

Tips and tricks
The contents of containers can be scanned with cargo scanners before hacking. This allows skipping containers that do not have valuable contents.
Emptied sites will despawn in few minutes. Sites that have been warped to or partially completed will despawn in a few hours.
Once a site has despawned, the same site (sorted based on data or relic) will respawn within 2 minutes within the same region, but never within the same system.
Sites with difficulty levels I and II should be scannable for any ship fitted with a core probe launcher, and a set of Sister's core probe scanners.
As the difficulty level of the site increases, the minimum scanning strength required also increases.
Sites with difficulty levels III and higher normally need to be scanned by a scanning-bonused ship. However, some level III sites may still be scanned by any ship if it is fitted with a Sisters core probe launcher.
The recommended scan strength for level IV sites is around 90, while the recommended scan strength for level V sites is 100 and above.

Server Development

Post Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:06 pm

Sleeper Cache notes

Sleeper caches are data sites with various triggers and dangers. They are significantly more difficult than pirate data sites. Sleeper caches spawn in normal space and do not spawn in wormholes even though the sleeper connection would imply the opposite; they are not to be confused with the Forgotten Sleeper sites, which function more like combat sites.
The Sleeper Caches from easiest to hardest are:
Limited Sleeper Cache Level IV scanning difficulty
Standard Sleeper Cache Level IV scanning difficulty
Superior Sleeper Cache Level V scanning difficulty
Sleeper caches are gated deadspace pockets with size limits for entry. Each sleeper cache has its own set of dangers. They contain a mixture of containers with damaging explosions on a failed hack, timed triggers, hazardous clouds, proximity explosions and sentry guns. For details see the page for individual sleeper cache.
Sleeper caches contain sleeper components, manufacturing materials, skill books and blueprint copies for polarized weapons.
Sleeper caches were introduced with the Rhea expansion in 2014.

taken from https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/User:K95 ... eper_Nexus
I have scanned down a Limited Sleeper Cache with 85.8 probe strength. That is with a Tech I frigate and all Tech I equipment. If you have the following:

Racial Frigate V
Astrometrics V
Astrometric Rangefinding IV
Core Probe Launcher II
Sisters Core Scanner Probes
1 Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
1 Scan Rangefinding Array I
... you should have a probe strength of 107.135, which is enough to scan down a Superior Sleeper Site, the hardest site to scan down, with just a basic Tech I exploration frigate. Findings from multiple Superior Sleeper Caches indicated that 104 probe strength was the minimum. A basic rundown of the minimum probe strength required to scan down each site is listed below: tight cube formations are pretty much required:

Limited Sleeper Cache: 85.8 (approximate: less most likely won't work)
Standard Sleeper Cache: 92 (approximate: 91 didn't work)
Superior Sleeper Cache: 104

Return to Exploration